SLX 6.21% $5.13 silex systems limited

Hi Moosey - Another biased and inaccurate cut-and-paste article...

1. 1,775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    Hi Moosey - Another biased and inaccurate cut-and-paste article from you, I see.

Solar is not yet broadly competitive with coal for electricity supply. When it is, it will start taking over. Until then it is a waste of everyone's time to keep blindly pumping it.

The price of oil is irrelevant, because oil does not compete with solar.

The term "Climate change" is used incorrectly. What the article is really referring to is man-made global warming. Far from the "OAP"s (as the article insultingly calls them) being mistaken about the science, it is becoming ever more clear from the empirical evidence that the science is mistaken about climate. The climate has stopped warming, in spite of ever increasing levels of atmospheric CO2, for too long for the science to be correct.

Richard A Muller was never a sceptic. He once criticised an AGW paper, but the criticism was technical. He has successfully described himself as a converted sceptic in order to get more publicity, but he has never actually spoken against CAGW. Incidentally, it's CAGW that sceptics challenge. [CAGW = Catastrophic Anthropological Global Warming, ie, the idea that man-made global warming is dangerous]

The political vitriol is absurd in its intensity. The normal reason for descending to that level is the absence of a cogent argument. The sad fact here is that there is a cogent argument - solar power is improving in cost effectiveness, and becoming more economically viable. It's just that it's not the Koch's & co that are delaying the inevitable - that's being done by economic reality.

And finally, where the article says "Solar energy [] will keep getting cheaper, oil will keep getting more expensive", please note again that solar does not compete with oil. And Peak Oil is at present an entirely separate issue, with its own controversy.

PS. I have looked again at solar PV for my own house, and it's still too expensive. The fact that I have solar hot water and geothermal heating doesn't help the equation. I would love to get off the grid, but not at any price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.13
Change
0.300(6.21%)
Mkt cap ! $1.213B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.89 $5.14 $4.85 $6.019M 1.195M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 283 $5.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.15 15574 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.08
  Change
0.300 ( 5.51 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.91 $5.13 $4.85 128561
Last updated 15.59pm 29/03/2024 ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.