STX 8.33% 26.0¢ strike energy limited

read the whole story AI99. APA themselves saying it would be a 5...

1. 5,347 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2640
    read the whole story AI99. APA themselves saying it would be a 5 year project. It is 2015 now so I make that 2020 to complete (at best).

Also note towards the bottom - NT gas resources are mostly locked up in shale. We know what happened to the shale concept in the cooper. Way too expensive even at projected east coast prices.
    And that is without piping it all the way to the east coast.

If STX get a comfortably commercial project then I think its just a matter of time before they get taken out or jump into bed with a major.

Deloittes: Is the pipeline economically feasible?

The fate of the NT gas pipeline rests on whether Australians want to pay higher prices for long distance transportation of gas instead of extracting reserves closer to home, according to Deloittes national director of oil and gas Geoffrey Cann.
    "My sense is the pipeline is driven in response to the inability of eastern Australia to access its own resources," he said.
    A pipeline built and operating with customers on it by 2020 is practical outcome. It could be a little bit earlier – that would be nice.
    But realistically it would be a five-year timeframe. In reality we have to have customers and line up demand and supply.
    Rob Wheals, APA Group manager

"From the vantage point of what is the best use of Australia's capital, the best response is to access the coal seam gas resources already in NSW and Victoria and further expand gas resources in Queensland."
    Coal seam gas projects have been strongly opposed in Queensland, Victoria and NSW — typically by farmers and residents of nearby communities.
    Mr Macfarlane has forecast NSW will run short of gas by 2016 because of insufficient progress in developing the state's coal seam gas industry.
    Others have pointed to the construction of three huge LNG trains in Queensland — scheduled to come online in 2016. This means gas that would be sold to the domestic market is being exported.
    NSW relies on other states for 95 per cent of its gas.
    "In Australia I'm not sure there's a gas shortage, but [there is] a shortage of gas at the price the country is used to paying: $2 or $3," Mr Cann said.
    He said resource companies have not yet learned how to extract gas from the Northern Territory's shale gas deposits.
    "It will take some time to answer the geologic puzzles," he said.
    "But the North Americans have cracked open similar geology. There is potential for that resource to be unlocked in a hurry."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
26.0¢
Change
0.020(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $744.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.0¢ 26.0¢ 24.0¢ $2.793M 11.05M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 630696 25.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
26.0¢ 1061945 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
25.5¢
  Change
0.020 ( 7.19 %)
Open High Low Volume
24.0¢ 26.0¢ 24.0¢ 2892014
Last updated 15.59pm 28/03/2024 ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.