AAU 0.00% 2.0¢ antilles gold limited

tylermax: My positition is hardly unique. Anyone who has not...

1. 5,269 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2006
    tylermax: My positition is hardly unique. Anyone who has not lost substantial amount of money in PGI is in the same position I am.

I am not in a 'negative mindset' for thinking PGI is most likely to decrease further in value. I am just open minded and don't have clouded thoughts. Maybe my analysis is imperfect, but I am not 'a negative person' for being bearish any more than you are 'a positive person' for being bullish. When investing, you need to be completely neutral, neither inherently optimistic or pessimistic when doing your research.

To put it simplistically (and this is by no means the basis of my reason for being bearish), how can you see a company in almost a constant state of price decline, and maintain a constant belief for years on end that at any given moment the price is at the bottom?

Let me put another thought in your head. People say Brian is upbeat about the company, always seems really positive. Now, if you pay me a few hundred grand per year for a really cushy job with heaps of perks, I will act as happy any upbeat and optimistic as you want me to, for as long as my job lasts, even up to the last day, and if my job depends on it, I will keep my mouth shut about knowing that the company is going to go bankrupt, and I will keep that secret safe, up to and even after the company has gone. I don't know if this point is one which many here will be able to comprehend properly, but it would certainly benefit you do to do. I would also happily put a percentage (10, 20, hey, 50-60% would be great) of my wage into buying shares into the company even though I know they will become worth zero - I am still going to be making millions of dollars out of my wage, and putting some of my wage into shares fills investors with confidence which allows the company to continue existing for longer, which increases the total amount of money I can make out of a company I know is doomed.

I am not claiming that I know the above paragraph to be representative of this particular situation, but I have very commonly seen it in companies run by people who make millions of dollars while knowing the company has no potential to provide anything positive to long term investors, as described above (or many variations of that basic concept). The fact that a company has a director who seems upbeat means nothing. TV and movie actors get paid less to act more convincingly. Putting on an act (even in genuinely good companies) is a huge part of what these extremely highly paid people do.

Though clearly correct, I am sure the above concepts will be utterly disregarded by most long term holders, or they will say "Yes, but PGI is different because *excuses X, Y and Y*".

The fact that your money is in it and you are choosing to believe something doesn't make it an exception. Do your research, do it thorough, and do it with an unbiased mind.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $17.96M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.0¢ 2.0¢ $5.427K 271.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 500000 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 242180 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.0¢ 2.0¢ 2.0¢ 66712
Last updated 12.16pm 28/03/2024 ?
AAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.