ERM 0.00% 4.8¢ emmerson resources limited

I found this in the Sept 2013 quarterly report from our new...

1. 1,607 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    I found this in the Sept 2013 quarterly report from our new substantial investor - the thinking applies pretty well to Emmerson.

"Our largest exposures currently fall into two broad categories: companies we believe should benefit
    from ongoing investor demand for yield; the other category being small cap resource stocks which
    traded at compelling value at recent lows. Markets have a tendency to take things to extremes and in
    the case of resources valid, though exaggerated, concerns about Chinese growth sent share prices to
    levels that implied the wipeout of the entire industry. We believe that this provided an extraordinary
    buying opportunity towards the end of last financial year as tax loss selling exacerbated liquidation
    from panicked investors herded by commentators that should have known better into believing that
    these stocks were not worth buying at any price.
    We have commented extensively on our exposure to resource and energy stocks in previous updates
    and our view remains unchanged. The fund purchased a portfolio of debt free, cashed up, well
    managed resource stocks at significant discounts to underlying valuations. We expect further volatility​
    in the short term but are confident of very satisfactory gains over the medium term."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ERM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $26.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.8¢ 4.8¢ 4.7¢ $12.88K 272.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 81000 4.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.8¢ 30173 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.7¢
  Change
0.000 ( 4.08 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.7¢ 4.8¢ 4.7¢ 137348
Last updated 14.56pm 29/03/2024 ?
ERM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.