AGS 0.00% 17.5¢ alliance resources limited

Been trying to find out from a couple of sources & from googling...

1. 935 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    Been trying to find out from a couple of sources & from googling if IG can vote his shares or not. Surprisingly, no definitive answers but have a tentative answer of yes.

Because someone can do something doesn't necessarily mean they will do it so I looked at previous AGMs and found that IG was re-elected in 2011 with, approximately, 42.6 m FOR & 1.1m AGAINST so it looks like he did not vote.

With so many angry shareholders, this could actually be a close run thing if we vote NO. So that means I have to think a bit more deeply about this rather than simply using it as a protest vote.

With that in mind, I think IG's interests are closely aligned with shareholders interests in that we are looking to maximise returns. I cannot find evidence that they are not. I think it's in my best interests to have this guy in the game rather than on the sidelines. I don't believe it's in my interests to disrupt the AGS game plan at this stage.

The fact that they have no deal to put to the AGM strongly suggests to me that they are attempting to maximise price & are not beholden to some arbitrary cut-off date nor are they prepared to let it go at fire-sale prices.

I also don't appreciate the agent provocateurs amongst us (along with the goose-stepping goose with the David Duchovny fetish) causing trouble.

Finally, I too have been in contact with AGS recently & the response mirrors (virtually copy n paste) claude's post elsewhere so I think we can expect an update very soon. Admittedly, I also asked some pointed questions which were ignored.

With all that in mind, I'm intending to vote YES to the remuneration report, YES to the re-election of IG & yes to the inconsequential 10% placement facility.
    Last edited by chrisCarter: 25/10/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.