Day 14 http://a2d.netguys.com.au/ Ti-tree to Wauchope about 190...

1. 6,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    Day 14

http://a2d.netguys.com.au/

Ti-tree to Wauchope about 190 km

I’m writing this at the surprisingly good Wauchope Hotel, caravan park. We just had a lovely meal in the bistro but as there is no mobile coverage here, this post will happen tomorrow assuming we have coverage at Renner Springs.
    Today was a ditto of yesterday about the same distance with the same tail wind but the temperature is creeping up which is not a bad thing especially as the weather at home is still rubbish.
    We passed through Barrow Creek which is much better than last year as now thay have water to flush the toilets otherwise not much seems to have changed, also stopped at Wycliffe Well Roadhouse UFO centre of Australia and bought some green alien sunglasses as you do.
    Lost the 1917 Harley of Marcus Wills Cooke today with a cracked head/barrel not sure if that will be repairable on the run, the up side is that I will be able to sleep in as it makes a hell of a racket warming up in the morning.
    Peter Hamilton did some soldering on the Turnbull Maxwell’s radiator which is a rather unorthodox design (if you can figure out how it works please tell me) . Graham Donges is back on the road with the Brush, I have included a photo of what was left of the now re metalled big end.
    Lyndon Hardman’s Talbot was very fortunate it’s owner never throws anything away as after shearing the flexible magneto drive Lyndon produced a skate board wheel out of thin air that was soon fashioned into suitable coupling. Any hoarders out there please do not take encouragement from this.
    Best use of a clothes peg went to Rod Cripps’s cruise control on the Overland (photo attached).
    Otherwise a very good bay in paradise.
    This post was sent from Daly Waters (Day 16) unfortunately internet is too lousy to post pictures, will update tomorrow from Katherine

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.