AVR 1.21% $23.48 anteris technologies ltd

abstract

1. 1,494 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 93
    Display Settings:

Send to:

See comment in PubMed Commons below
    Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2014 Apr;45(4):e110-7. doi: 10.1093/ejcts/ezt623. Epub 2014 Jan 14.
    Biostability, durability and calcification of cryopreserved human pericardium after rapid glutaraldehyde-stabilization versus multistep ADAPT(R) treatment in a subcutaneous rat model.

Neethling W1, Brizard C, Firth L, Glancy R.
    Author information

• 1Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Fremantle Heart Institute, Fremantle Hospital and School of Surgery, University of Western Australia, Fremantle, WA, Australia.
    Abstract

OBJECTIVES:

Autologous pericardium rapidly fixed with glutaraldehyde (GA) in theatre is considered in many cardiac surgery centres the best material currently available for intracardiac, valvular or vascular repair. Implanted non-fixed autologous tissues suffer rapid degeneration, shrinkage and absorption whereas standard xenotypic fixed tissues cause local cytotoxicity and calcification. In the present study, using a subcutaneous rat model, we tested the biostability, durability and calcification potential of four different pericardium patches treated with GA and relevant to current clinical practice.
    METHODS:

Pericardium samples were divided into four groups according to the method of treatment. Group I consisted of bovine pericardium (BP) fixed with 0.6% GA (control), Group II cryopreserved human pericardium (CHP) rapidly fixed with 0.6% GA for 4 min and detoxified with MgCl2, Group III CHP treated with the multistep ADAPT(®) process (delipidized, decellularized with Tx-100, deoxycholate, IgePal CA-630 and denucleased, fixed in 0.05% monomeric GA and detoxified) and Group IV BP treated with the multistep ADAPT(®) process (CardioCel(®)). Biostability was determined by shrinkage temperature which measures the degree of cross-linking, and durability assessed by resistance to a mixture of proteinases (pronase digestion). Treated pericardium samples (n = 10 in each of Groups I-IV) were implanted in the subcutaneous rat model for 8 and 16 weeks, followed by histology and calcium analysis (atomic absorption spectrophotometry).
    RESULTS:

The biostability and the durability of both CHP and BP after the multistep ADAPT(®) treatment remained stable without any microscopic calcification. Extractable calcium levels of CHP were significantly (P < 0.01) reduced in Group II (1.89 ± 0.77 μg Ca/mg tissue) compared with Group I (64.37 ± 6.25 μg/mg) after 8 weeks. Calcification of CHP (Group III) and BP (Group IV) after the multistep ADAPT(®) treatment was significantly reduced (1.43 ± 0.48 µg/mg and 0.75 ± 0.10 μg/mg, respectively) compared with Group I (282.52 ± 18.26 μg/mg) and the rapidly treated CHP in Group II (11.32 ± 3.21 μg/mg) after 16 weeks.
    CONCLUSIONS:

Improved biostability and durability with reduced calcification of tissues after the multistep ADAPT(®) tissue treatment suggest improved alternative substitutes to autologous pericardium.
    KEYWORDS:

Calcification; Glutaraldehyde; Pericardium (bovine); Pericardium (human)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$23.48
Change
0.280(1.21%)
Mkt cap ! $424.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$23.50 $23.55 $23.15 $347.1K 14.83K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 500 $23.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$23.48 954 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$23.43
  Change
0.280 ( 1.87 %)
Open High Low Volume
$23.47 $23.47 $23.25 161
Last updated 15.35pm 28/03/2024 ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.