RYG 0.00% 3.3¢ raya group limited

Clever boy Stefanof, dot joining at its finest, as you write its...

1. 7,893 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 503
    Clever boy Stefanof, dot joining at its finest, as you write its everywhere.

My younger brother is a senior corporate IT guy at one of the big aussie banks, I emailed him the latest preso and his immediate comparison was to Netscape and its effect on bringing the internet to the masses. In much the same way either Xped or something like Xped will be necessary to bring IoT to the masses.

Back in the very early days on the internet I did not understand why there was a need for Netscape at all. I recall asking little brother why, if there are thousands of websites on the internet already why do we need another website that is not on any comapany's behalf. Why not go straight to the website you want in the first place. To which my brother replied you are thinking about now, give it a few months / years and there will be millions upon millions of websites and you will need a browser to find, not only what you are looking for but to suggest websites for you that you didn't know you were looking for in the first place.

I found all this quite amusing in the slow dial up / pre-mobile phone era. Sure Netscape didn't become the defacto browser standard but it did reach a market cap of $10bn with almost no revenue as the market speculated on its ability to monetise it first mover position on the web.

Now back to IoT.

Qualcomm and Samsung would be a fairly obvious place to start if you happen to be the CEO of a universal IoT tech firm who, in a previous life just happened to be an extremely senior corporate exec at Qualcomm for the Asia/Pac region where Samsung rules supreme in many consumer and industrial sectors.

I imagine our CEO has one of those useful folders in which he keeps the business cards of all the senior Asia/Pac execs he has met while running Qualcomm's operations there.

EB
    Last edited by exberliner1: 10/12/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RYG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.