Bandicoots seem to have become plentiful here since my little...

1. 11,213 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Bandicoots seem to have become plentiful here since my little dog died in 2009; not that she ever killed or injured any. Maybe down to a reduction in cats. The downside is we now have a problem with ticks - I've had two tiny ones in the last six months.

Started leaving food - cut up bread, leftover cooked meat and bananas in an attempt to reduce the holes they dig in the garden and lawn. Have made many little 'friends' as a result. They are particularly 'close' when their pouches are carrying a little one. Found one at the kitchen doors last night and she was so hungry she took the first mouthful from my fingers (after a quick sniff of a finger). They are extremely archaic (pure instinct), lead an isolated existence (don't mix with one another), eyesight appears poor and they run in fright at a change in the wind. All that said they will feed while I'm very close by. Cute little things and nice to have some wildlife around in a highly populated area of the Northern Beaches of Sydney.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.